New Resource: Online Analysis of Ethnic & Social Science Research Data
In an effort to enhance access to data-based research studies conducted by UCI researchers and others, the Libraries have made selected ethnic and social science datasets from the Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) available to UCI users for online data analysis. The online analysis tool (SDA or Survey Documentation & Analysis) allows users to cross-tab selected variables and easily run statistics and create customized charts (in color) as well as related documentation. This is especially useful for students seeking to understand a particular research study.
Selected datasets include:
- Immigration and Intergenerational Mobility in Metropolitan Los Angeles
- Children of Immigrants Longitudinal Study (another Prof. Rumbaut study)
- National Black Election Study
- National Latino and Asian American Study
- Japanese-American Research Project (JARP): A Three Generation Study
- Pilot National Asian American Political Study
- Traffic Stop Data Collection Policies for State Police
- State Legislative Election Candidate and Constituency Data
- National Health and Social Life Survey
- National Couples Survey
- 21st Century Americanism: Nationally Representative Survey of the United States Population
- Public Opinion and Foreign Policy
- Voice of the People
To access the datasets, go to the Social Science Data subject guide (http://libguides.lib.uci.edu/socscidata) and click on the "Online Data Analysis" tab. The selected datasets are in the boxed section "ICPSR Studies at UCI: Ethnic & Other Studies."
For a demo or more information, contact Daniel Tsang, Data Librarian (x44978 or email@example.com).
Top of Page | Library Newsletters | UCI Libraries website