New Electronic Resource: CQ Press Suite Offers Up Current and Historic Content
The CQ Press Political Reference Suite of Online Editions is part of the CQ Press Electronic Library, a database of journals, document collections, and online editions.
The Reference Suite offers the following online features:
- Capability to search across all CQ Press Online Editions with a simple and robust quick search
- Advanced search options that allow users to search by keyword across full texts or focus their search to certain topic areas
- Multiple, customized browse options to help users locate and explore content
- Easy-to-use interfaces with clean, inviting screen designs
- Personalization options that save user profiles, document history, and searches
- Links to available external resources
- CiteNow!™ - An exclusive CQ Press feature that helps users easily download full citations in MLA, Chicago, Bluebook, and APA styles
The Reference Suite makes accessible online standard CQ reference works such as:
- CQ Almanac tracking policy in the U.S. Congress since 1945
- Congress and the Nation, giving key votes and legislative history
- Guide to U.S. Elections, covering federal and gubernatorial elections
- Vital Statistics on American Politics, a data-intensive resource
- Voter Turnout in the United States 1788-2009, covering federal and state elections
- Historic Documents Series, featuring important U.S. documents
- Three Encyclopedias: The Encyclopedia of Political Science, Encyclopedia of U.S. Political History, Encyclopedia of Religion in America
- Supreme Court Yearbook, with major case analyses
- Washington Information Directory, providing contact information
- Political Handbook of the World, covering over 200 countries, with party profiles and election results included
In addition, the CQ Electronic Library also includes such databases as the CQ Press Voting and Elections Collection, as well as the CQ Press Supreme Court Collection, both acquired by the UCI School of Law Library for campus-wide access. The Electronic Library also provides access to the CQ Weekly and the CQ Researcher Plus Archive that offers research reports on a variety of topics from agriculture to human rights to war and conflict from 1923 to the present.
For more information, please contact Daniel C. Tsang, Political Science Librarian (x44978 or email@example.com).
Top of Page | Library Newsletters | UCI Libraries website